Thursday, May 18, 2006

edited posts

I've posted the original blog posts and my edited versions on a separate site. Apologies for some of the strange formatting! When you take a look, I recommend opening the original and edited versions in separate tabs or windows so that you can see them both.

The first thing I noticed was that most people don't have any problem with creating relative clauses, so instead of focussing on them I have just done a general rewrite.

You''ll probably notice that there are 2 main kinds of changes. One is small surface errors that you should of course pay careful attention to. The other is more to do with general organization. Part of this is a matter of good and less good practice, but part of it is also a matter of taste. So it's up to you how much you adopt for your own use. In some cases, it may be enough just to se that there is another way of writing something.

No comments: